Love

Love

Who? Me?

My photo
I like eco-friendly things, living life by the daily thrill, learning and trying new things (which is why I started this blog), and spending time with my friends and family.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

So I thought I'd give this a try

So many interesting things happen in life, what we like to call the 'daily thrill'.  Around the Gordon house, there's always something.  And since we are the only ones who know about them, I thought I'd start a blog to give everyone the laughs that we tend to get.  Share our stories for a smile and sometimes maybe a tear.  But if you're having a down day, hopefully something I write can make you smile.  Even if it's just for a second.

Since I didn't have this blog a few days ago, I'll just tell you one story and then you'll know what our 'daily thrills' are like.  And what you have to look forward to...
A week ago I get a phone call from my mom at work.  She sounds upset and saids "i don't know how to tell you this...", I immediately think something happened to one of our 'kids' (pictured below).  She continues on and said "your kitchen...it's flooded. There's about 2-3 inches of water.  I don't know what to do..."  She continues to tell me she's putting towels down and she must've carried out 10 buckets of water.  (to fill you in, Vinny is just a little guy so she runs over to our house on her lunch break to let him out).  Now, I'm wondering what the hell happened?!  She said that when she arrived, our faucet was on.  Our faucet was on!?  What the hell?!  I know the faucet was off when I left, I never used that sink and when I made coffee, I know it was off.  As I'm explaining this to her, she saids "Carlos thinks he's Jesus...he's walking on the water".  Click...light goes on in my head. Carlos!!!!  If you don't know Carl, he loooooves water.  To the point where it's disturbing that a cat enjoys water this much.  But he has gotten in our sink countless times, to lick it, to stand in it, and walk under the running water while I do dishes...he did it.  He must've turned the faucet on.  He's rubbed his face on the handle of it before and he must've just done it hard enough.  My mom checked for broken pipes, leaks, etc...nothing.  Just a running faucet...done by our cat from Hell.  As I'm cleaning it up, he's lying in the puddles, splashing around.  Only to leave me guessing it's him even more.
So after a few hours of wiping up water, I have a very clean floor and an interesting story to tell.  Luckily, there was no damage, the water didn't even make it to the living room.  Just throughout the kitchen, the cabinets, and worked its' way down to the basement.  But still, no damage.  And good thing we don't have the touch to turn on faucet...our this really would be a daily thrill!!!

I have so many stories about Carlos Agua (yes, his middle name in Spanish is water...because when he was a kitten, he got into the shower with me and stayed there.  Never flintched or ran away.) and there will be plenty to tell.  But for right now...I leave you with that story.  If anyone else has a crazy cat like us, please share your tail (hahaha) with me!!!

Until next time...don't judge, be curious!

No comments:

Post a Comment