Love

Love

Who? Me?

My photo
I like eco-friendly things, living life by the daily thrill, learning and trying new things (which is why I started this blog), and spending time with my friends and family.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ok so I'm behind...

I know I haven't updated in awhile, but the Summers are so crazy for us!  So here is the last 2 months in a nutshell.
In last couple of months we've been remodeling our basement.  Before it was very outdated, we're talkin' 1970ish.  So, with the handy husband i have, we now have walls up in the basement and a painted ceiling.  It's already looking awesome.  I am would just like to add that i did help, a bit, but I helped!  I think Carlos was more help than I was though.  Other than that remodel, we haven't done too much to our house.  Our little garden is growing.  We've only had two tomatoes so far because so one (Vinny) thinks they're balls and will take them off the vines and play with them.  He has also eaten all of our strawberries, so we haven't had any!  I even put up a 'rabbit gate' and he still gets in!  I am proud to say that our cantaloupes are growing and we have had a ton of zucchini!
We went camping the weekend of my birthday.  Justin and I tented while everyone else slept in the camper, and I must say, it wasn't too bad!  Except Friday night, it was sooo stormy, I thought we were going to blow away!  We left Sunday, early afternoon, and headed to Frankenmuth.  I always love it there.  There's so many cute shopping areas and sites.  I could've spent hours upon hours, but not so much Justin...I think that's why is parked in a 2 hour only parking spot!!  We also stopped at Bronners to get Vinny an orniment.  We have paw print ones for Carl and Rem and we thought he should match theirs.  Luckily, that still had the same ones!  All in all it was a really nice birthday weekend, rain and all.
Justin and I actually had the entire week off together following that weekend.  We spent most of those days working in the basement.  Although, Justin had to get stitches from working outside!  He's fine now.  Got those out yesterday (on his birthday)!  And I attempted making my own fruit strips.  I think the blackberry ones turned out pretty good.  I need to try again on the peach though!  But I have to say, having an entire week off together makes going back to work extremely hard!
But in the last few weeks, we are now both closer to 30! haha.  Justin hates it.  I just say I'm half way to 50 now.  And he's 3 years away from 30!  I still remember celebrating his 19th birthday!  That is what makes me feel older.  When I say we've been together for almost 9 years.  I mean, it's been exactly 8.5 years.  But after this month, it's closer to 9!
Also, last night to of our closest friends, Mike and Lindsay were engaged!  Justin and I knew it was coming, after all Mike did go to Uncle Chris.  We just didn't know when.  So we were very excited to celebrate their engagement and Justin's birthday at the same time!  We wish them many years of happiness and happy planning!
On another note, Vinny will be 1 next month.  I can't believe it!  I feel like we just adopted him!  I'm thinking of having a puppy birthday party for him!  As lame as it sounds, he does have a few pup friends we could invite! haha
I think that's all I need to say today.  I'm sure there'll be more to update on at a later day.  But I promise not two months from now.  I'm going to stay commited!
oh and sorry no pictures, the uploader isn't working!!!

Much love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment